Charter School Parent Forum - 

Parents of Charter School Students who want to get together and dicuss events, issues, solutions, and anything else having to do with our childrens education.

Latest topics

» Those In Need
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm by angelinemayer

» From the mouths of babes
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:00 am by angelinemayer

» IEP is a legal contract
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 am by angelinemayer

» School Board
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am by KatherineDavis

» Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am by Bill

» Imagine Schools
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Punishment As A Whole
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

» (Goverment) MDE - Michgan Department of Education
Foro gratis : Free forum : Charter School Parent F - Portal EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Affiliates

Those In Need

Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

I have a suggestion that of course we would have to clear with the school first, but I have not seen a tote or bin around our school that we can put our kids clothes (uniforms) in when they grow out of them so others can use them and not have to purchase new ones, especially as hard as times are right now. Does this sound like a good idea or does anyone else have any ideas that would help …

[ Full reading ]
From the mouths of babes

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

My nephew who attends WPA and is in 2nd grade said something that broke my heart when I heard it.
He said that he would never receive the 5 ways to shine award because some people in the office don't like his mom and he said you can tell when they draw names you can hear them put back the pieces of paper of people they don't like!
Not saying this is true but (the drawing names part) but how sad …

[ Full reading ]
IEP is a legal contract

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am by als4kody

IEP is considered a legal contract if yor child is receiving services that is not on the IEP the school does not have to follow any guidelines for this unless its on the IEP. My child has been receiving one on one teacher aide support from the beginning of the year which was started by the Principal and not part of the IEP. I wanted the support to be on the IEP and have had nothing but trouble …

[ Full reading ]
School Board

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:16 am by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

This is a serious question - Could someone please explain to me and maybe others, what exactly a school board is and what they do? In what I have personally seen they don't do anything for the parents or school. (and let me clarify what I mean)
1) There has been legitament concerns by parents (can't help if some of us parents are very vocal and demanding when it comes to our childrens …

[ Full reading ]
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

To view what they came up with click the below link:
Imagine Schools 2008 Spring Survey
Here I would like the parents to vote for our school.
(COPY AND PASTE ALL BELOW THIS AND FILL IN YOUR OWN ANSWERS IN THE REPLY SECTION) * There is no wrong answers and if you have more than one kid then answer it with labels like 4th grade, 8th grade, etc.
1) I feel comfortable speaking to my child's teachers …

[ Full reading ]
Punishment As A Whole

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

What are you teaching your students when ONE person in the class does something wrong but won't own up to it so the WHOLE class is punished for what one person has done!
I'm so tired of our kids being treated like they are guilty and not allowed to say anything in their defense because then they are back talking and being disrespectful!
How are our kids suppose to learn to deal with their …

[ Full reading ]
Parent Meeting #1 (12/3/08)

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:00 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

I would like to go ahead and set up the 1st parent meeting.... I understand that not everyone can do this meeting because there are parents that work nights so we will have to alternate meeting times...
I am setting up the 1st meeting this Wednesday night between 8:45-9p for log on time... When you come in just log into the CHATBOX -
Please reply to this and give a yes or no that you will be …

[ Full reading ]
~ PARENT MEETING ~

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:42 pm by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Hi All...
Well, this place has really picked up this week and I keep seeing posts suggesting a parents meeting so how bout we everyone that wants to do this, post a reply to this announcement with next weeks days and times you are available and we can conduct our first meeting right on here, together from the homepage of this website in the "Chat Box" That way we are all together...
I …

[ Full reading ]
Happy Thanksgiving

Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:32 am by Admin ~1 ~ Melissa

Wishing you all and your families a wonderful, safe, long holiday weekend cheers

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 131 messages in 35 subjects

We have 25 registered users

The newest registered user is jessicasmith